Behind the concept
Much has been written and said about Challenger Banks and the need in the UK banking system to have increased competition. However this fails to address the issues of trust, high quality advice & support and a first class product range.
The Change Account is not intended to position itself as any form of challenger financial services organisation but as an organisation that wants to address many of the financial needs of our customers in an innovative and responsible way. Creating The Change Account has involved working with like minded individuals and organisations in developing and working with the financial services industry to put together a partnership that offers:
- Advanced technology to deliver a first class transactional account
- A partnership with a financial services organisation that helps give security and confidence
- Non-banking partners that provide trust, understanding, advice and support
- A values based approach that puts individuals’ needs first
Individuals are continuously looking for alternative solutions to the traditional banking model and many thousands of individuals across the UK are already using alternative transactional accounts instead of bank accounts.
The aspiration behind The Change Account was to develop a real transactional account alternative that would be
“inclusive” rather than “exclusive”
The aspiration behind The Change Account was to develop a real transactional account alternative that would be “inclusive” rather than “exclusive” and would appeal to a wide customer base due to its low, transparent costs and original budgeting tools. We intend:
- To help individuals change their financial behaviour for the better. This is why The Change Account has innovative and secure budgeting tools that help put individuals back in control of their finances.
- To provide a first class transactional account that is attractive to a broad set of individuals, including those who feel excluded from the benefits of existing financial services.
- To develop a range of services that offer honest financial advice and support that could help individuals use financial services more effectively and put extra money in their pockets.
- To increase our services and in time reduce our costs in the product where we can, as we build our success through sustainable growth.